With a rapidly growing platform, we’re seeking to add another PHP developer to our R&D team to build upon our code base to further enhance features and offerings to our merchants improving the end user experience.
We build on our platform - we do not code as an individual, we don’t make “bespoke” or “one-off” installations that can be forgotten about after their release - you will be a critical member of a team who are passionate about the platform we code on and delivering the best maintainable and scalable code we can, on an iterative and continuous basis.
As a startup with a 100+ business depending on our platform, you will work in a highly demanding environment focusing on delivering products which our merchants can’t do without. As a senior PHP Developer, you will have key responsibilities ensuring Test Driven Development and S.O.L.I.D. principles are followed while ensuring all code by all team members is delivered to a high standard.
The Aphix Platform interacts with many different services to consume data from ERP systems such as SAP Business One and Sage 200/X3. Experience in using web services is essential for this senior position. A good understanding of e-commerce and related functions (ie: pricing calculations for VAT, exchange rates and discounts) is also required.
You will gain experience by working within a team with diverse skillsets, by coding on an ever-evolving platform in a highly scalable environment, as well as having a direct impact on our merchant’s digital business by delivering on great new features and improvements to the products they and their customers use on a daily basis.
- Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop complex PHP-based applications
- Follow SOLID development principles
- Working with our Customer Success team to write great user documentation
- QA, testing, code reviewing and release planning of your own work and that of others
- Performing maintenance and updates with our customer success team
- Working closely with other staff (designers, developers and your peers and manager) to ensure the timely and high-quality delivery of work packages.
- Performing all other duties as requested by company directors
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will…
Key Skills Required
To excel you will…
- Excellent, practical, server-side PHP experience
- Experience of MVC frameworks (e.g. Zend Framework, Symfony, Code Ignitor, etc.)
- Experience using web services such as REST/SOAP or other APIs
- Experience in TDD/BDD and related frameworks
- Practical knowledge of Git/version control
- Use of issue tracking tools such as Jira – Customer Issue Logging, Resolution and Reporting
- Knowledge and interest in web standards, accessibility, SEO and industry trends
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are expected
- You are expected to display commercial awareness especially in relation to efficient use of time and resources
- Ability to meet developmental and project delivery goals
- Strong attention to detail and client empathy is essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the team and externally
Working With Us
As a multi-award winning and dynamic company in an exciting space that fuses e-commerce, enterprise software, mobile and cloud apps we are also looking for dynamic people.
We offer exciting career opportunities in software product development for our global customer base. Come work with a talented team in a social, fun environment where you have real, direct input into the direction of our products.
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity. As an Enterprise Ireland backed HPSU (high potential startup) company we are funded and focused on high levels of growth providing strong career options. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews.
- Work with great people. Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social. We hold regular company sponsored team lunches, nights out and our annual weekend conference.
- Benefits. We offer a number of schemes and benefits to all employees equally:
- Industry benchmarked salaries
- Annual leave - from 22 to 25 days per year (depending on length of service)
- Bike-to-work scheme. We also offer a further company subsidy to make this scheme even more attractive.
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Working (subject to role and length of service)
- Modern office with great canteen facilities, coffee dock, bike park, shower facilities & free car parking
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to email@example.com.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!