Reports to: Development Team Lead
Location: Remote or Hybrid (see below)
With a rapidly growing platform, we’re seeking to add PHP engineers to our team to build upon our code base to further enhance features and offerings to our merchants improving the end user experience
We build on our platform - we do not code as an individual, we don’t make “bespoke” or “one-off” installations that can be forgotten about after their release - you will be a critical member of a team who are passionate about the platform we code on and delivering the best maintainable and scalable code we can, on an iterative and continuous basis.
As a startup with over 300 businesses depending on our platform, you will work in a highly demanding environment focusing on delivering products which our merchants can’t do without.
As a full-stack engineer you will be responsible for extending and maintaining our platform in line with best practice development standards. You will have a passion for web development and be an advocate for continuous improvement on an evolving platform.
The Aphix Platform interacts with many different services to consume data from ERP systems such as SAP, Intact and Sage. Experience in using web services is essential for this position. A good understanding of ecommerce and related functions (ie: pricing calculations for VAT, exchange rates and discounts) is also required.
You will gain experience by working within a team with diverse skill sets, by coding on an ever evolving platform in a highly scalable environment, as well as having a direct impact on our merchant’s digital business by delivering on great new features and improvements to the products they and their customers use on a daily basis.
- Work within a team to design and implement complex applications
- Become a champion of the platform, advocating best practice and supporting team members through coaching
- Perform QA, code reviews and release planning of your own work and that of others
- Perform maintenance and updates with our customer success team
- Work closely with other staff (designers, developers, your peers and manager) to ensure the timely and high quality delivery of work packages
- Contribute to the teams learning and development through technical documentation, coaching and demo’s
Key Skills Required
- Excellent, practical, server side PHP experience
- Experience of MVC frameworks (e.g. Zend Framework, Symfony, Code Ignitor, etc.)
- Experience using web services such as REST/SOAP or other APIs
- Practical knowledge of Git / version control
- Experience working in an Agile environment and have an interest in continuous improvement
- Ability to meet developmental and project delivery goals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the team and externally
- Proven commitment to achieving deadlines, delivering high quality services and experience of working effectively as a member of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React or equivalent frontend frameworks
- Knowledge and interest in web standards, accessibility, SEO and industry trends
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years commercial web development experience with PHP/MySQL
- Practical working examples of projects/products worked on with code samples
- Some experience in ecommerce based applications is desirable
- Educated to degree level in a computer science, graphic design or related discipline. Is preferred
Working With Us
As a multi-award winning and dynamic company in an exciting space that fuses e-commerce, enterprise software, mobile and cloud apps we are also looking for dynamic people.
We offer exciting career opportunities in software product development for our global customer base. Come work with a talented team in a social, fun environment where you have real, direct input into the direction of our products.
Aphix encourages & supports all of our people to develop their careers and learning in a way that is best suited for them. All of our people and roles differ and we embrace & recognise that difference. We welcome remote applications with monthly team meet ups* (typically 1-3 days a month) while also happy to support hybrid or office-based working.
*accommodation and travel provided by us.
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity - We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews.
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team building events and our annual weekend conference
- Industry benchmark salaries
- Annual leave - from 22 to 25 days per year (depending on length of service)
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Gym Membership Discounts (depending on location)
- Flexible Work Hours (subject to role and length of service)
- Hybrid Working (subject to role and length of service)
- Modern office in the centre of Drogheda town close to public transport
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to email@example.com.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!