Reports to: Development Team Lead
Location: Remote or Hybrid (see below)
With a rapidly growing platform, we’re seeking to expand our Engineering team to build upon our code base to further enhance features and offerings to our merchants improving the end user experience.
We build on our platform - we do not code as an individual, we don’t make “bespoke” or “one-off” installations that can be forgotten about after their release - you will be a joining a team who are passionate about the platform we code on and delivering the best maintainable and scalable code we can, on an iterative and continuous basis.
As a startup with 300+ business customers globally depending on our platform, you will work in a highly demanding environment focusing on delivering products which our merchants can’t do without.
As a Web Developer, you’ll be involved in the entire development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features to our suite of products.
You will gain experience by working within a team with diverse skill sets, by coding on an ever-evolving platform in a highly scalable environment, as well as having a direct impact on our merchant’s digital business by delivering on great new features and improvements to the products they and their customers use on a daily basis.
- Add features to the existing product suite, working within a team of Engineers
- Improve code quality by writing automated tests
- Assist with troubleshooting, replicating and resolving bugs
- Developing product and technical knowledge through coaching and formal training
- Working closely with other staff (designers, developers and your peers and manager) to ensure the timely and high-quality delivery of work packages
Key Skills Required
- Experience writing commercial PHP code
- Experience of MVC frameworks (e.g. Zend Framework, Symfony, Code Ignitor, etc.)
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and tools
- Knowledge of React or a willingness to learn
- An understanding of web services such as REST/SOAP or other APIs
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have…
- Practical working examples of projects/products worked on with code samples
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- A 3rd level qualification is desirable but not essential
Working With Us
As a multi-award winning and dynamic company in an exciting space that fuses e-commerce, enterprise software, mobile and cloud apps we are also looking for dynamic people.
We offer exciting career opportunities in software product development for our global customer base. Come work with a talented team in a social, fun environment where you have real, direct input into the direction of our products.
Aphix encourages & supports all of our people to develop their careers and learning in a way that is best suited for them. All of our people and roles differ and we embrace & recognise that difference. We welcome remote applications with monthly team meet ups* (typically 1-3 days a month) while also happy to support hybrid or office-based working.
*accommodation and travel provided by us.
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity - We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews.
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team building events and our annual weekend conference
- Industry benchmark salaries
- Annual leave - from 22 to 25 days per year (depending on length of service)
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Gym Membership Discounts (depending on location)
- Flexible Work Hours (subject to role and length of service)
- Hybrid Working (subject to role and length of service)
- Modern office in the centre of Drogheda town close to public transport
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to email@example.com.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position