We are seeking an experienced software engineering manager to lead multi-skilled and multi-disciplinary teams of software engineers to deliver full-stack, eCommerce SaaS solutions, for both Web and App deployments, in line with specified business needs.
This role is a senior management position and reports directly to the CEO while working closely with the CTO and product management. Strong technical leadership of the software teams will be a key element of the role. You will lead multiple development teams, each with a focus on different areas and specialist functions of the Aphix Platform.
The main responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the multi-disciplinary development teams in the design, development, coding, testing, deployment and support of full-stack software solutions
- Manage all the activities of the software development team and setting goals for each team member to ensure timely work package delivery
- Hire, train and motivate new developers to be the best they can be
- Interface with and service the needs of the internal Product and Service Delivery teams requiring software development/configuration solutions with effective and responsive resource planning. These are:
- Product Management (roadmap delivery);
- Customer On-Boarding (solution configuration and systems integration);
- Solution Support (solution break/fix, system and data integration support);
- Customer Services (configuration changes/enhancements)
- Manage and ensure deliverables are produced and tested to a high-quality standard, selecting and directing the use of test automation tools wherever practical to facilitate rapid continuous new and regression testing
- Collaborate with the CTO to leverage the architecture, infrastructure, performance & scalability, security and robustness of the technical environment to best benefit our products and our customers
- Provide guidance to the team and ensure they adhere to development standards and produce proper documentation as part of the Definition of Done, to enhance the maintainability of the software developed
- Ensure proper operation of our selected software development toolset and adherence to good, industry-standard practices in software development
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and developments in our chosen software stack and champion the process and product improvement initiatives
- 5+ years experience in a technical leadership role (e.g. development team leader, software development manager or head of engineering) in SaaS / Cloud Product environment
- You have experience in leading development teams and in mentoring & coaching planning, managing and monitoring work streams
- You have extensive experience in full software lifecycle; managing development, testing and deployment of SaaS, eCommerce and/or similar software solutions to market
- You possess excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of our development methodologies, architecture and software stack would be a distinct advantage, including:
- Scrum, Kanban and/or other agile methodologies
- Multi-tenant LAMP applications
- React cross-platform development
- iOS and Android app deployment
- A Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field is preferred
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment.
- Growth and opportunity. We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team building events and our annual weekend conference
- Industry benchmark salaries
- Annual leave - from 22 to 25 days per year (depending on the length of service)
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Working
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your CV and a cover email to email@example.com.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!