With a rapidly growing platform, we’re seeking to add another full stack developer to our R&D team to build upon our codebase to further enhance features and offerings to our merchants improving the end-user experience.
We build on our platform - we do not code as an individual, we don’t make “bespoke” or “one-off” installations that can be forgotten about after their release - you will be a critical member of a team who is passionate about the platform we code on and delivering the best maintainable and scalable code we can, on an iterative and continuous basis.
As a startup with 300+ business customers globally depending on our platform, you will work in a highly demanding environment focusing on delivering products which our merchants can’t do without. As a Full Stack Developer you will have key responsibilities ensuring Test Driven Development and S.O.L.I.D. principles are followed while ensuring all code by all team members is delivered to a high standard.
You will gain experience by working within a team with diverse skill sets, by coding on an ever evolving platform in a highly scalable environment, as well as having a direct impact on our merchant’s digital business by delivering on great new features and improvements to the products they and their customers use on a daily basis.
- Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop complex PHP-based applications
- Follow SOLID development principles
- QA, testing, code reviewing and release planning of your own work and that of others
- Working closely with other staff (designers, developers and your peers and manager) to ensure the timely and high quality delivery of work packages
Education and Experience
- 3+ years commercial web development experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Practical working examples of projects/products worked on with code samples
- Experience in SaaS and/or ecommerce based applications
- Educated to degree level in a computer science, graphic design or related discipline is preferred
Key Skills Required
- Excellent, practical, front end JS/React and/or server side PHP experience
- Experience using web services such as REST/SOAP or other APIs
- Experience in TDD/BDD and related frameworks
- Practical knowledge of Git / version control
- Use of issue tracking tools such as Jira – Customer Issue Logging, Resolution and Reporting
- Knowledge and interest in the latest frameworks, design patterns and industry trends
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are expected
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the team and externally
- Proven commitment to achieving deadlines, delivering high quality services and experience of working effectively as a member of a team is essential
Working With Us
As a multi-award winning and dynamic company in an exciting space that fuses e-commerce, enterprise software, mobile and cloud apps we are also looking for dynamic people.
We offer exciting career opportunities in software product development for our global customer base. Come work with a talented team in a social, fun environment where you have real, direct input into the direction of our products.
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity - We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews.
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team building events and our annual weekend conference
- Industry benchmark salaries
- Annual leave - from 22 to 25 days per year (depending on length of service)
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Gym Membership Discounts (depending on location)
- Flexible Work Hours (subject to role and length of service)
- Modern office in the centre of Drogheda town close to public transport
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!