With a rapidly growing platform, we’re seeking to add another Front-end Designer/Developer developer to our team to deliver on great implementations for our merchants.
Working closely with our Customer Success Team, you will deliver on new customer roll-outs making the best presentation of our products built on our ever-growing and evolving platform. Taking a customer’s branding and guidelines, you will work to ensure that their brand is properly reflected while ensuring that the end customer experience is as smooth as possible.
Our merchants have catalogues containing 4 to 400,000 products - working with Customer Success, you will design and implement menu systems and catalogue navigation components which can be reused across our platform ensuring that each implementation is maintainable into the future which delivers upon our promise to deliver updates and new features as our platform and products grow.
You must be passionate, dynamic and committed to excellence. As a fast-growing, internationally focused start-up you will join a team that is fun, open and driven to deliver the best products and service to our customers.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a great team to deliver mission-critical e-commerce systems on our award-winning platform.
- Implement stunning front-end web design solutions
- Consult with customers to outline and agree their requirements understanding the best layout and fit for their business
- Engage with customers to gain acceptance on the final product
- Maintain and update the UX and UI choices for both our web and mobile app products
- Be aware of the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Be flexible, willing and able to learn about our full product stack (back and front-end development) via team collaboration
Skills & Interests
- A passion for maintainable CSS, JS and front-end components
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g. SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp)
- Experience in delivering wireframes as well as visually creative design concepts
- Excellent customer communication and project management
- Excellent working knowledge of design tools including Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of best UX design practice, especially for e-commerce
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git, BitBucket or SVN
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven with excellent time management skills
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Commercial experience with product development in web, app and cloud-based products is preferred
- A degree in web design, creative media, computer applications or related disciplines is preferred but not essential
Working With Us
As a multi-award winning and dynamic company in an exciting space that fuses e-commerce, enterprise software, mobile and cloud apps we are also looking for dynamic people.
We offer exciting career opportunities in software product development for our global customer base. Come work with a talented team in a social, fun environment where you have real, direct input into the direction of our products.
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity - We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews.
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team building events and our annual weekend conference
- Industry benchmark salaries
- Annual leave - from 22 to 25 days per year (depending on length of service)
- Bike-to-work scheme. We also offer a further company subsidy to make this scheme even more attractive.
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Working (subject to role and length of service)
- Modern office in the centre of Drogheda town
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!