Reports to: Technical Team Lead
Aphix provides award-winning eCommerce and mobile app SaaS solutions to wholesalers, manufacturers and distributors in the UK, Ireland and globally. We are going through an exciting period of growth and are seeking Front and Back end Developers to join our Engineering team. This will help us create industry leading front-end solutions to clients, to ensure that their business-specific requirements are met and we are maximising their experience and outcomes.
The Aphix Platform interacts with many different services to consume data from ERP systems such as SAP, Intact and Sage. Experience in using web services is essential for this position.
You will gain experience by working within a team with diverse skill sets, by coding on an ever evolving platform in a highly scalable environment, as well as having a direct impact on our merchant’s digital business by delivering on great new features and improvements to the products they and their customers use on a daily basis.
- Creating industry leading front-end solutions to clients, to ensure that their business-specific requirements are met and we are maximising their experience and outcomes
- Building and maintaining specialist technical knowledge, to allow you to deliver industry leading specialist solutions to internal and external stakeholders. Mastery of ReactJS, Webpack Automated testing frameworks and CSS
- Run and deliver within, effective projects - to maximise the experience on internal and external stakeholders - maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Work as part of a team to create the best outcomes for customers and other stakeholders - to enable projects to be completed to time, cost and quality measures
- Capture customer/stakeholder requirements, to develop industry leading solutions
- Ensure that problems, challenges and queries are dealt with effectively and that long-term proactive resolutions are developed where possible
- Conceptualisation, creation and delivery of solutions for customers that exceed their expectations and provide industry leading sites
- Act as a thought leader, internally and externally. Sharing and promoting knowledge and understanding about Front End development. Boosting reputation and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
Key Skills Required
- Excellent, practical, server side PHP experience
- Experience of MVC frameworks (e.g. Zend Framework, Symfony, Code Ignitor, etc.)
- Experience using web services such as REST/SOAP or other APIs
- Practical knowledge of Git / version control
- Experience working in an Agile environment and have an interest in continuous improvement
- Ability to meet developmental and project delivery goals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the team and externally
- Proven commitment to achieving deadlines, delivering high quality services and experience of working effectively as a member of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React or equivalent frontend frameworks
- Knowledge and interest in web standards, accessibility, SEO and industry trends
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years commercial web development experience with PHP/MySQL
- Practical working examples of projects/products worked on with code samples
- Some experience in ecommerce based applications is desirable
- Educated to degree level in a computer science, graphic design or related discipline. Is preferred
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity - We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews.
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team building events and our annual weekend conference
- Flexible Work Hours (subject to role and length of service)
- Hybrid Working (subject to role and length of service)
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to email@example.com.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!