Aphix provides award winning eCommerce and mobile app SaaS solutions to wholesalers, manufacturers and distributors in the UK, Ireland and globally. We’re going through an exciting period of growth and are seeking an experienced B2B Business Demand Manager to join and strengthen our outbound capability. This role is to be based in UK or Ireland.
The B2B eCommerce market is growing rapidly - the UK alone delivers more than £500 billion in B2B eCommerce sales in just the last 3 years. Aphix is a rising star in the B2B eCommerce space and has an ambitious strategy for year-on-year growth.
Due to significant growth in the business, particularly in the UK, we are now looking for experienced team leader to build a team of BDRs. You will know how to recruit and build a team and work with modern, data-driven systems. Working closely with the marketing team, our partner channel managers and the sales team you will be responsible for delivering our lead targets.
- Deliver the monthly, quarterly and annual leads targets, based on the company’s lead qualification criteria
- Deliver the new opportunities target that meets the qualification criteria required to generate profitable new logos and revenue
- Build and then maintain the key metrics across the leads pipeline stages
- Deliver KPIs per BDR
- Work closely with our marketing team to create campaigns to drive channel sales
- Be an active contributor to the function of the sales and marketing team
Business Development Activity: The role includes active business development until the team expands, and that is no longer possible nor practical.
Team & Individual BDR Management: A critical part of the role is the day-to-day management of the BD or and in time the team of business development people. This includes
- Prescribing the daily and weekly schedules.
- Daily weekly and monthly reporting of both activity and outcomes per BDR.
- Daily training and coaching sessions that maintain the right pace and incrementally build relevant skills.
- Run shadow sessions, co-calling and co-selling. In particular, the BDR manager role will build micro-pitches for each outreach channel, including digital and telephone.
- Run the weekly unit meeting and 1:1s to review the leads pipeline and individual leads.
Build the Team:
- Attract, onboard, train and coach new hires using the company’s prescribed playbook. An important metric here is time-to-target.
- Provide each BDR with a personal development plan, in terms of competency and earnings growth. Promote a Personal Bests performance culture.
Campaign Management: Work with internal stakeholders such as AEs and Marketing to execute specific vertical and geographic campaigns that meet lead generation and pipeline-build goals. Maintaining a schedule of campaign “sprints” that drives leads and build skills and competencies is an essential and valuable part of this role.
Data: The role is responsible for the amount and the quality of the data available to the business development unit. This includes adding relevant data, data enhancement and provisioning the team for Stage 2 activity.
Sales Tech Stack: The role is also responsible for managing relevant part of the sale stech stack, including data-related tool and content and outreach tools. Recommending and implementing data and tools-related improvements is an important aspect of the role over time.
Messaging: The Business Development Manager is also expected to make a significant contribution to developing messaging that is actionable by the BDRs.
Senior Reporting: Provide the Senior Leadership Team with weekly and month reporting of outcomes, KPIs and the progress and challenges for the business development unit.
This is the Role for you if you have:
- 2- 3 years of track record, managing a BDR team selling into a B2B market
- Proven personal; BDR capability and track record
- Highly competent in phone and virtual-based presentation, meeting and conversation management
- Demonstrable training capability
- Demonstrable coaching capability
- Demonstrable recruiting and onboarding capability
- Fluency in the modern Sales Tech Stack
- Excellent writing, scripting, verbal and recording skills
Working With Us
As a multi-award winning and dynamic company in an exciting space that fuses e-commerce, enterprise software, mobile and cloud apps we are also looking for dynamic people. We offer exciting career opportunities for our global customer base. Come work with a talented team in a social, fun environment where you have real, direct input into the direction of our products.
We offer many benefits to everyone on our team and work hard to make this a healthy, fun and rewarding work environment. These include:
- Growth and opportunity - We are focused on high levels of growth providing strong career opportunities. We provide regular formal and informal career feedback and carry out annual pay reviews
- Work with great people - Our team is passionate, driven and successful - join us if you are too!
- Social - We hold regular company-sponsored team lunches, virtual team-building events and our annual weekend conference
- Flexible Work Hours
- Hybrid Working (subject to role and length of service)
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our product team, please send us your CV and a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We hire great people, not just great qualifications! So, tell us in the cover note what you are passionate about, what you do outside of work and why you feel you are the best candidate for this position!