Is your business growing fast and you’re finding it harder and harder to maintain and scale your eCommerce as a result?
Scaling and updating your eCommerce are the two most common hurdles most growing businesses encounter at a certain point.
Both of which can be solved with an eCommerce solution that integrates in real-time to your existing ERP software, allowing you to streamline, automate, and scale your business with very little effort.
If you also face any of the above challenges, then keep on reading as we will be giving you some suggestions on what you might need to know before moving to your next eCommerce platform.
In this blog post, we’ll compare Aphix’s eCommerce and Prestashop’s eCommerce so you can get a better understanding of the two platforms and which might be most suitable for your business needs.
A little bit about Aphix
Aphix is a leading eCommerce platform provider for hundreds of B2B & B2C companies such as wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers, retailers of any industry or size.
Aphix was founded in 2012 and was incorporated in 2016 with registered offices in the UK and Ireland and have partners and customers all over the world.
Aphix offers multiple products from one Digital Platform that integrate out-of-the-box with SAP, Sage, Intact, and HARMONiQ ERP systems. The platform provides bi-directional flow of real-time product, pricing, stock, and customer account information, as well as real-time ordering directly into your ERP.
The Aphix Digital Platform helps streamline and automate your business while reducing costs and overheads. The platform allows you to scale your business as you grow, to reach new global markets, and to provide 24/7 ordering and customer account management online.
A little bit about Prestashop
Prestashop is an eCommerce platform provider in Europe and Latin America. It helps individuals and businesses to create and develop their own eCommerce store online.
Prestashop was founded in 2007 and is a freemium, open-source eCommerce software written in PHP programming language and support for MySQL database management system. They also have offices in 6 countries and many partners globally.
Prestashop’s singular product offering is their open-source shopping cart webshop, alongside the numerous free, but mainly, paid for add-on modules.
While they do offer some integration module add-ons with certain ERP systems, the integration is not out-of-the-box.
- Aphix was founded in 2012 and has customers mainly in Europe, but also globally - Prestashop was founded in 2007 and has customers mainly in Europe and Latin America, but also globally.
- Aphix offers a premium eCommerce platform and multiple products - Prestashop offers a freemium eCommerce software with multiple add-on modules.
- Both companies offer platforms that are cloud-based, SaaS software.
- Aphix eCommerce uses React as the platform’s programming language - Prestashop uses the PHP programming language.
- Aphix offers out-of-the-box, real-time ERP integration for SAP, Sage, Intact, and HARMONiQ - Prestashop doesn’t offer out-of-the-box ERP integration, you will need add-on modules to achieve some level of integration.
- Aphix offers closed-source software for maximum security - Prestashop offers open-source software.
- Aphix offers many features and additional functionality that were created for the needs of B2B companies, but also has features that are B2C specific - Prestashop also offers many features and additional functionality for when you start growing.
- Aphix hosts all our customers’ eCommerce stores on Amazon’s Web Services - With Prestashop, you need to find a hosting provider to host your own store.
- Aphix takes care of security for you - With Prestashop, you need to take care of security by yourself.
- The Aphix Digital Platform is ideal for B2B businesses, but can also cater to B2C needs - Prestashop is more suited for B2C, but can also cater to B2B needs.
- Both platforms are available in many languages and currencies.
- Both platforms are SEO-friendly and mobile-responsive.
- Aphix builds and rolls out your WebShop to your requirements and any extra solutions you want with it for you - With Prestashop, you need to build and configure your webshop yourself.
- Aphix offers a one-stop-shop and great flexibility when it comes to scalability, with multiple products that cover 360° of your business operations - Prestashop only offers a webshop and a cart solution, limiting your potential to scale further or to better capture customer demand.
If you are looking for your first integrated eCommerce solution or just want to upgrade your existing non-integrated one to scale your business faster, then Aphix offers all you need from one cloud platform.
While Prestashop is a great starting eCommerce solution that allows you to build and customise your store for free, it lacks a lot when it comes to the ability to really scale when it matters most.
In short, if you need a platform that integrates with your ERP to streamline and automate your sales process, then Aphix eCommerce is the ideal solution for you.
However, if you don’t currently have an ERP and are not planning on getting one any time soon, then Prestashop could be exactly what you need.
That being said, you definitely need to investigate both platforms further in terms of features and functionality that will help your business grow and scale.
On that note, if you have any questions or want to find out more about the Aphix Digital Platform, you can request a demo and one of our experts will be in touch with you within one business day.
Thanks for reading,